Hey guys! As I promised from last week, i’ll be sharing with you my daily skin regimen today. Now, I must say before I even get started, my skin isn’t flawless. Since the age of 9, I’ve been experiencing serious acne problems. I would’ve attributed the fact to puberty, but according to the various dermatologists I’ve been to, the problem lies deep within my blood. Nevertheless, I try as best as possible to take good care of my skin to lessen the appearance of these annoying blemishes. Nothing beats a try, right?
Have you ever gotten a good nights rest and woken up ready to conquer the world? Well I have, but right now i’m struggling to hold on to my precious 8 hours. I’m convinced a day should consist of more than 24 hours. 😥
As we all know, nothing beats sleep. Studies show that adults need 7-8 hours of sleep each night, while teenagers need 8-10 hours. During the night, while you sleep, your skin and brain repairs themselves. To increase the effect of this process, you should ensure to prep yourself EACH night before bed. Below, I’ve listed a step-by-step process to my nightly bedtime skin routine.
- Firstly, I clean my face of all makeup. With a cotton ball or pad, using any oil based product (coconut oil over here!), I clean my skin thoroughly of the makeup.
- Secondly, I wash my face with a gentle cleanser to rid my skin of all the dirt and free radicals amassed during the day. Currently, I use the Dove beauty bar (unscented) because it is very gentle on the skin and cleans well. I try as best as possible to avoid harsh cleansers as they’ll irritate my skin resulting in breakouts.
- After the cleansing process, I moisturize using the one and only Coconut oil. See last week’s post on the Beauty Benefits of Coconut Oil.
- Water. Yes water. As we all know, water can be used as a detox. Water IS a detox. I drink a glass of room temperature water every night, at least 10 minutes before bed. This helps to cleanse the skin and blood of toxins while putting me soundly to sleep and waking up feeling rejuvenated. This also helps to regulate the system while I sleep, restoring organs and muscles with the necessary nutrients that is lost throughout the day.
- Lastly, I turn off my cellphone and laptop, maybe read a book for a few minutes or turn off the lights and call it a night.
- As my alarm annoyingly sounds, I roll out of bed and stretch. I then make my bed and open my blinds. Oh how I love mornings!
- Secondly, I grab a glass of water. Drinking water as you wake will stimulate activity in your body. It will wake up your organs in a sense. (Oh and this helps you to lose weight if you didn’t know)
- After a healthy breakfast, I usually shower and take an extra few minutes for my face. Instead of washing my face with the cleanser, I just rinse it with cold water and moisturize. What I’ve learnt, is that washing your face with a cleanser in the mornings will basically undo what your skin worked so hard to do throughout the night. This will not only
prevent dryness and irritation, but it will also prevent the formation of wrinkles and lines in the skin.
And there you have it! This is what I do every day. However, only cleaning the skin isn’t going to prevent breakouts. You have to incorporate a healthy diet, regular exercise and lots of sleep as you can see. Also, ensure to wash towels, washcloths, pillow cases and sheets regularly. Oh! And your hair!
Basically maintaining a clean and healthy life will give you your desired results.
So, you may or may not be wondering, yes I do exfoliate once a week. I came across an interesting homemade Green Tea concoction on Pinterest. Feel free to try it out!
All you will need:
- Green Tea
- Raw Organic Honey
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Raw Sugar
I’d love to hear how you clean your skin and the products you use to fight acne! Comment below!