Every individual who’s in it to slay knows what needs to get done to do just that. We search through drug stores and high end beauty retailers to find the best self-care products on the market. We try and try and try until we go broke, but guess what? We never stop trying.
It’s been all talk about scrubs nowadays and ways to obtain that youthful, natural glow. Well my friends, stop swiping your cards and busting a nut. Today I’m going to show you a super easy DIY coconut-coffee scrub recipe that you will definitely LOVE! and maybe want to eat…
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Unrefined coconut oil
- Ground Coffee
- Raw honey
- Mixing utensil
- Mason jar (or any jar)
- Heat the coconut oil and honey until melted.
- Pour the coconut oil and honey into bowl with the ground coffee and fold until in a paste-like form. (If mixture is too liquefied, keep adding coffee)
3. Pour the mixture into your mason jar. I used a 4 ounce mason jar.
NB: When cooled, the scrub will harden.
After concocting this beauty, I headed straight into the shower to test it out. I exfoliated my face all the way down to my toes and when it was all washed off, I felt smooth and supple like a baby’s butt.
- Coffee has been known to improve the appearance of skin aging, acne and cellulite. It not only gives you that youthful glow, but it also helps to protect the skin from sun damage and harmful free radicals. So, just as that good cup of java wakes you up in the mornings, it does exactly the same for the skin.
- Coconut oil, as I’ve talked about previously on the blog, serves a wide range of beauty benefits. In a synopsis, coconut oil hydrates and soothes the skin. It’s also known to have antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Raw honey, like coconut oil, is made up of anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. It acts as a bleaching agent against acne scars and a moisturizer for the skin. Like coffee, honey is rocket-packed with antioxidants to give your skin that youthful glow and prevent damage from harmful free radicals.
Exfoliation should be a key part of your weekly skin care routine. After exfoliating, follow up with a hydrating moisturizer for maximum benefits.
With all my love,